The Belly River Lite does away with the deep, under palette storage in favor of a lighter, slimmer, and more portable footprint. Everything about this pochade box has been designed to give you maximum flexibility in how you set up and work, and to do it in the lightest, most compact way I can come up with!
It has a full size auxiliary palette that stores internally, while also leaving room for wet paint underneath. Brushes, palette knives and slim tools (5/8" and under) can store on top of the auxiliary palette, separated from the wet paint below.
The main palette is also removable, great for cleaning or long-term storage of wet paint by placing in a plastic container or similar. Or get a piece of 1/8" tempered glass or Lexan cut to replace if you prefer those slicker surfaces.
• Carries two 6x8 panels completely protected.
• Panel holder slots are 7/16” wide (two panels of linen-covered Gatorboard). Most other panel substrates are 1/8", so plenty of room for two linen covered 3mm Baltic birch or masonite.
• Included removable adapter allows carrying two 5x7 wet panels.
• Spring-loaded panel holder adjusts entirely from the front, no knobs or nuts. Capacity from 0 to 10” vertical
• Unique position control technology holds lid wherever you want. No wing nuts or braces to fiddle with. Just open it up!
• Internally stored auxiliary palette attached to either side of the box and can be attached "upside down" as well.
• Included adjustable supports let you have the auxiliary palette 'flattened out' while the main palette is more angled.
• Palette cups can clip to the auxiliary palette, and there are a couple of holes to accommodate an included small carabineer (to hang a brush washer or whatever else you might come up with).
• Brushes, pencils, palette knives (things 5/8" thick and under) can store on the auxiliary palette, separated from wet paint on the main palette.
• Under the auxiliary palette, 3/8" of protected space is available for laying out paint and leaving it at the end of a painting session.
• Main palette of Baltic birch is removable for cleaning or storage, or for hand holding while painting. Easy to replace with glass or acrylic if you prefer those surfaces.
• ¼”-20 threaded fitting fits standard tripod or quick release.
• D-rings with genuine leather hand strap. Ready to attach your favorite shoulder strap.
• Dimensions: 8 5/8" x7" x 2 7/8" (2-panel Lid)
• Weight: 2lbs 2 oz
• Four-Panel lid option. I can build it with a 4-panel lid, like the standard Belly River. Adds ½” to the overall height and allows you to use the Sunclips. Adds $12 to the cost.
• Optional Custom Engraving available on the inside of the lid door (displayed when the box is open). Select “Custom Engraving” in the ordering column, and add your lines of text in the spaces provided. Adds $20 to the costs. Photo and info found here.
(Please note: tripod, brushes and solvent cups shown in photographs are for display purposes only and are not included with the pochade box.)